Dear Friends

I observed the very strange problem with my Mysql , My be this is the feature or I
have not configured it properly
please do tell me the reasons and remedy.

Problem is
I am inserting the fields through VB.
When I insert the record in the table of Mysql  . Mysql inserts the record properly
(very first record) with the contents of the fields
shorter than the length of the field. If I try to insert another records in the table
with length of the variable greater than thelength i inserted firstly then this gives
me error.
e.g

Name is the field in the table with Length 50.

Firstly when I insert name="Anil Kumar Gupta" lets say then 16 character has been fed
in it
then in the second record if I try to insert name="jaskaran singh modi" with length as
19
this gives me error if th name="bobby" then it will insert.

why Mysql takes the length as the length of the field as the first record where as
description shows the length of the field is 50.
but I can not insert it . So I inserted the first record with length 50 characters and
then I started inserting any name with any length ofcourse not more than 50 characters.

Please help me.. to rectify this problem.

With Warm regards

JS Modi