Hello,

See mysql\data\[hostname].err or mysql\data\mysql.err for what might have
gone wrong.

Also, you could try starting your mysqld with the following (not as a
service): mysqld-(max-)nt --console --standalone

Then, if there's something wrong in the error log, you can copy/paste the
last lines of it into here and I or somebody else will figure out what's
wrong.

Regards,
Iikka

Btw, this message would be better suited for the win32 list.

* Iikka Meriläinen                       *
* E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED] *
* Vaala, Finland                         *