Hi,

I have redhat 7.1 and I am using mysql server 3.23.36
and I could login as a user to the linux server and run
mysql program from the command line and connect to database
I want to and do all SQL commands without any problems...

But when I run a program that has

Class.forName("org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver").newInstance();
Connection connection = java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(
     "jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/test");

I am getting this error when I run this code

java.sql.SQLException: Invalid authorization specification: Access denied
for us
er: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]' (Using password: NO)
        at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.init(Unknown Source)
        at com.mysql.jdbc.Connection.connectionInit(Unknown Source)
        at com.mysql.jdbc.jdbc2.Connection.connectionInit(Unknown Source)
        at com.mysql.jdbc.Driver.connect(Unknown Source)
        at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:517)
        at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:199)
        at DateTest.main(DateTest.java:20)

But I can connect to this database from command line prompt
without any problems

Thanks

Anand