Hi,

some time ago I submitted the bug report below (see
http://lists.mysql.com/cgi-ez/ezmlm-cgi?1:mss:116815:200208:nnjofboiddhkghnpfljl
for the full report). There was no feedback and I now have a better
understanding of the problem:

The bug means that you cannot compile a KDE3 program with embedded MySQL
support. KDE cannot do anything about this, as its API is frozen. The
MySQL API shouldn't be frozen (as 4.0 is still alpha), and on the other
hand, the error is trivial to fix for MySQL (just rename "NET"). So
please, apply a fix so that KDE programs can use embedded MySQL.

Regards
 Daniel

--
http://www.danielnaber.de