Scott Pippin wrote:

> Which Operating Systems limit MySQL to a 2GB table size?

hello,
Linux 2.2.x  at one time, but that may have changed. If you want to use Linux,
use the 2.4.x kernel. I would recommend  RedHat 7.2 or 7.3  (Oracle has been
certified on 7.2 which helps give that warm fuzzy feeling). RedHat's kernels are
also built from Alan Cox's kernel tree which contains misc. performance patches.

walt