On Tue, 27 Aug 2002, Scott Pippin wrote:

> I found out my AIX box's maximum file size is 2GB.  What can I do if I
> will have MySQL tables that are possibly over 2GB?

Hello,

There are basically two things you should consider:
1) Switch to InnoDB tables and create several data files just under 2GB
each

2) Use MyISAM RAID option
This requires you to compile your MySQL with --with-raid configuration
parameter. Then MySQL will create separate 00, 01, 02, 03 and so on
directories with a piece of your table in each of them.
See Manual section 6.5.3 (CREATE TABLE syntax) for detailed coverage. You
will want RAID_TYPE=STRIPED configuration since that facilitates for the
spreading of the .MYD files.

Regards,
Iikka

* Iikka Meriläinen                       *
* E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED] *
* Vaala, Finland                         *