On Wed, 28 Aug 2002, Sean Hager wrote:

> In the Ziff Daveis eWeek benchmark
>  http://www.eweek.com/article/0,3658,s=708&a=23115,00.asp )I noticed the
> following:
>
> MySQL's great performance was due mostly to our use of an in-memory query
> results cache that is new in MySQL 4.0.1. When we tested without this cache,
> MySQL's performance fell by two-thirds.
>
> I couldn't find any information in the online document on how to configure
> this in-memory query results chache.  Can anyone point me to some
> information on how to do this?

Hi,

Start by looking at the MySQL documentation:
http://www.mysql.com/doc/en/Query_Cache.html
Read the entire 6.9 section.

It offers quite a bit of information on how the cache operates, how
you should configure it and so on.

Regards,
Iikka

* Iikka Meriläinen                       *
* E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED] *
* Vaala, Finland                         *