From: Nicholas Stuart [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, August 28, 2002 9:40 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: MS Access and mySQL

I have been there done that with old access data, but no forms. Your
plans should be focused around what you know and what your systems are
tied to. Since its an NT box you could go with pretty much any language
ie java/vb/c++. VB would be the obvious choice for ease of transfering
the Access VBA forms to straight VB. The only thing you have to be
careful is the access querys. A lot of them will not work on MySQL and
the funny thing is a lot of them will not work on M$'s on SQL server :)
go figure.
As far as the data goes the easist thing I found to transfer it into
mysql is a program called dbtools. You can find it at:
http://www.dbtools.com.br/EN/ It's fairly easy to use and has a great
import wizard.
If you have an specific questions let me know and I'll try my best to
answer them.
-Nick

Subject: MS Access and mySQL
From: =?iso-8859-1?q?Jonathan=20Coleman?= <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
===
Hi.

I have a situation where a church I am doing some volunteer work for
has a MS Access (office 97) database running on NT.  They are (woohoo)
upgrading to a QUBE (linux box) for a server which has mySQL installed
(and I can upgrade it etc..)

My job therefore is to

a) port MS Access data and queries to mySQL database

b) use the MS Access forms to access the data and queries through ODBC.

Is there anyone who can point me in the right direction, either to
where the searchable discussion archives are, OR even better, someone
who has gone through this before?

Cheers
Jon

http://digital.yahoo.com.au - Yahoo! Digital How To