I would strongly urg you not to use Access as the front end. The biggest
problem is that the Jet Engine/Access backend is pretty much completly
different then MySQL and you will run into problems with table structure
and the like. Also, using access as the front end has been extremly slow
when ever I tried it.
You will however need to download the MyODBC driver if you wish to access
MySQL through VB.

-Nick