I was given the task of finding out what is need it to set a  our Mysql DB on
separate server from our webserver.
The OS is will be RH7.3

There will be a lot of transactions accessing this serverMysql.

My questions are:
1) What is the recommended ram and hard Drives for a server that will be
    getting a lot of transactions?  Is a 1 gig pentium good enough?
    What should I keep in consideration? any other info is welcome.

2) This might sound like a dumb question, but I alway set up websites running
    Mysql on the same server.  How is the configuration different when the DB
    is on a different server.  What should I take into consideration.
   What is needed to set a mirror hard drive for the DB  in case one hard
    drive crashes?

Thanks,

Nestor :-)