Hi Mark,

       Thanks for the reply. I have got more information.

 1. We set only the port, basedir and datadir parameters for mysql on both
 Windows and Solaris machines. All other configuration parameters are
 default.

 2. Setup for Windows Machine :-

 OS - Windows 2000 professional SP2
 RAM - 196 MB
 CPU - Pentium III 600MHz
 Disk Drive - C:\- 14 GB
 No SCSI

 Setup for Solaris Server :-
 >System Configuration:  Sun Microsystems  sun4u 8-slot Sun
> >Enterprise E4500/E5500
> >System clock frequency: 84 MHz
> >Memory size: 2048Mb
> >
> >========================= CPUs =========================
> >
> >                     Run   Ecache   CPU    CPU
> >Brd  CPU   Module   MHz     MB    Impl.   Mask
> >---  ---  -------  -----  ------  ------  ----
> >  0     0     0      336     4.0   US-II    2.0
> >  0     1     1      336     4.0   US-II    2.0
> >  2     4     0      336     4.0   US-II    2.0
> >  2     5     1      336     4.0   US-II    2.0
> >

> >========================= Memory
> >                                               Intrlv.
> > Intrlv.
> >Brd   Bank   MB    Status   Condition  Speed   Factor
> >  With
> >---  -----  ----  -------  ----------  -----  -------
> > -------
> >  0     0    1024   Active      OK       60ns    2-way
> >  2     0    1024   Active      OK       60ns    2-way
> >
> >========================= IO Cards
> >=========================
> >
> >      Bus   Freq
> >Brd  Type  MHz   Slot  Name
> >                             Model
> >---  ----  ----  ----  --------------------------------
> > ----------------------
> >  1   SBus   25     0   fcaw/sd (block)
> >                  FCW
> >  1   SBus   25     1   fcaw/sd (block)
> >                  FCW
> >  1   SBus   25     2   SUNW,qfe
> >                         SUNW,sbus-qfe
> >  1   SBus   25     2   SUNW,qfe
> >                         SUNW,sbus-qfe
> >  1   SBus   25     2   SUNW,qfe
> >                         SUNW,sbus-qfe
> >  1   SBus   25     2   SUNW,qfe
> >                         SUNW,sbus-qfe
> >  1   SBus   25     3   SUNW,hme
> >
> >  1   SBus   25     3   SUNW,fas/sd (block)
> >
> >  1   SBus   25    13   SUNW,socal/sf (scsi-3)
> >           501-3060
> >
> >No failures found in System
> >
> >No System Faults found

 Thanks for the help,