Tobias Eriksson wrote:
> Hi
>  I am trying to figure out how to compile embedded MySQL on Windows.
> I read that one should configure using the --with-embedded-server  flag,
> but I should also use some script called mysql_config. But I couldn't
> find that script, I have downloaded the source for version 4.0, so I
> should have all the necessary things.
>  Please, if someone you lead me in the right directions I would really
> appriciate it.
> What I am trying to accomplish is to build the libmysql to also enable
> the SOCKET PORT facility in an embedded server. Thus I want to run my
> application with MySQL embedded and then also allow for connections to
> the database from the outside. If you've done something similar please
> let me know.
>
> Regards
>  Tobias

The embedded server does not work with networking enabled. You can only
access it via libmysql which talks to it directly.

See

http://www.mysql.com/documentation/mysql/bychapter/manual_Clients.html#libmysqld

        -Mark

--
For technical support contracts, visit https://order.mysql.com/?ref=mmma

    /  |/  /_ __/ __/ __ \/ /  Mark Matthews <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
   / /|_/ / // /\ \/ /_/ / /__ MySQL AB, Full-Time Developer - JDBC/Java
  /_/  /_/\_, /___/\___\_\___/ Flossmoor (Chicago), IL USA
         <___/ www.mysql.com