Hi,

I would like to know if you could help me to solve the following
problem:

The application I developed needs to run several selects, inserts and
updates all the time. When the clients are selecting data, mySql runs
the selects at the same time, but when an update command starts
executing, all other clients have to wait until the command have
finished. I know that it is the way mySql runs: Multiple reads but
only one write. But I wonder what can I do to allow writes and reads
to run at the same time, because some times one client starts a big
select and all other clients have to wait almost one minute before
executing their inserts and updates. My users are now turning off
their computers because they think the computers have frozen.

All your ideas will be very much welcome.

My application uses mySql (3.23.52) and Windows 2000 Server running on a
1Gb-DELL-2processors machine with MYISAM table handler !

  ++  Dyego Souza do Carmo   ++           Dep. Desenvolvimento
                 E S C R I B A   I N F O R M A T I C A
The only stupid question is the unasked one (somewhere in Linux's HowTo)
Linux registred user : #230601
--
$ look into "my eyes"
look: cannot open my eyes