According to the documentation under section 4.3.9 to get openssl
working with mysql you need to configure mysql with the --with-vio
--with-openssl.

When I add the as arguments to ./configure and then compile it I get a
mysqld that will run but try to do anything with it and the client
freezes it seems.

Is there any way to enable these options with the rpm binary packages. I
would like to use the ones that are built by mysql.com.

If not how can I compile this so it works right.

Thanks for any help.

Matthew Scarrow
ComIT Solutions Inc.
[EMAIL PROTECTED]