Hi!

We are running mysql (latest 3.x) on Windows 2000 Server. For some reasons I am not
allowed to use Linux, so I have to fight my way through windows.

All is working fine, I use the "huge".cnf (server is P4 2.w with 1GB RAM) and
performance is good.
My problem is: When really huge calculations inside mysql are made, it uses up to 100%
cpu, so the Apache Server is not able to deliver any more pages. I was not able to
change the priority in Task Manager, neither do I find a switch for mysql to start the
service with lower priority.

Does someone have an idea how I can force the mysql-service to use priority "lower
than nornal" OR to use a global lower priority "inside" mysql?

Thx for advices,
Jo