In searching through the list archives to see if MySql 3.23 supported
descending keys (which I didn't think it did, but it was worth a try), I
found a post that said MySql 4.0.2 was expected to support this.  MySql
4.0.3 is now out, but in reading through the website, I was not able to find
any mention of this feature.

Before I spend most of a day downloading and installing this new version,
would somebody please tell me:

Does MySql 4.0.3 support descending keys?

If so, is 4.0.3 reliable enough to use for a small, but mission-critical,
application?

If MySql 4.0.3 does not support descending keys, when could one reasonably
expect this feature to be available?

I would greatly appreciate any information about this.  I like MySql, and if
it will support this feature, I would really like to move one of our
applications over to it as soon as possible.

In Christ,

Peter, hierodeacon

----
Dormition Skete
A Monastery of the Russian Orthodox Autonomous Church
http://www.BuenaVistaCO.com/GOC
http://www.ROACAmerica.org
----