Hi All,

I am trying to establish a transaction-oriented method of posting
changes on the MySQL database. I'm using MyODBC 3.51 and VB6.

Using the ADO Controls, I use connection.BeginTrans to start the
transaction, followed by a series of ado.updates, and finally a
connection.committrans to close the group.

However, breaking the program before the committrans, and stopping the
application before the committrans is executed (i.e. trying to simulate
a crash in the middle of the transaction), should result in NO updates
done to the MySQL tables, but this is not the case. ALL updates done up
to that moment have been recorded and finalized in the database.

Any ideas why this is not working as it should?

Any comments much appreciated.

Best regards,

Christos Vorkas