Hello,

Use mysqladmin processlist command to see the thread that's eating up
resources, then use mysqladmin kill to kill that thread.

mysqladmin documentation offers much more information on this topic.

You can also use SHOW PROCESSLIST and KILL SQL commands to achieve that.

Regards,
Iikka

On Thu, 5 Sep 2002, James Kelty wrote:

> mysql,query
>

> Hello,
>
> Maybe I'm an idiot, but I can't find any documentation on how to stop
> running queries interactively. The only thing I can come up with is to stop
> and restart the server. I don't want to do that. Basically, if a user does
> something stupid, and sparks off a query that is hogging resources, I'd like
> to be able to kill that query so everyone else can get on with life. How is
> this, if it can be done, accomplished?
>
> Thanks!
>
> -James

* Iikka Meriläinen                       *
* E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED] *
* Vaala, Finland                         *