Thank you very much for your answer.

I am sorry to have misled you by my incomplete question. I asked you about
build MySql from src earlier and that message was mistakingly associated
with the previous one.

I meant building not dll containing UDF, but MYSQL itself.
I built it as specified in
http://www.mysql.com/doc/en/Windows_source_build.html. However it doesn't
find dll with UDF.
One should run a script to create Makefile with a
flag --with-mysqld-ldflags=-rdynamic for Unix.

... when building MYSQL under Win32, MYSQL should be built with enabled UDF.

Nick

> here instructions how to use udf_example.cc on VC++.
>
> Assuming that the user has VC++ 6.0, the Windows MySQL source and
> running a MySQL server with the same version.
>
> - Open the mysqld.dsw workspace.
> - Add New project to the workspace
> - Project name: udf_example
> - Select Win32 Dynamic-Link Library
> - Click OK
> - Select An Empty DLL project
> - Click Finish
> - Click OK
> - Right click over the new project and select Add Files to Project
> - Add \sql\udf_example.cpp
> - Type Ctrl+N for to create a new file.
> - Select text type
> - File name: udf_example.def
> - Edit the above file with the below contents:
>
> LIBRARY         UDF_EXAMPLE
> DESCRIPTION             'Example Using UDF with VC++'
> VERSION         1.0
> EXPORTS
>          metaphon
>          myfunc_double
>          myfunc_int
>          avgcost
>
> - Right Click the udf_example project and select Settings
> - Click the C/C++ tab
> - Select General in the Category Combo
> - Add the macro HAVE_DLOPEN to the PreProcessor definition
> - Select Preprocessor in the Category Combo
> - Add the include path to the text box: Additional Include directories
>    e.g: ../include
> - Click Menu Project/Dependencies and add the strings library
> - Press F7 for to build the DLL.
>
> Note: the above instructions should be made for both release/debug version
>
> -----------------Configuration: udf_example - Win32 Debug-----------------
> Linking...
>    Creating library Debug/udf_example.lib and object Debug/udf_example.exp
> udf_example.dll - 0 error(s), 0 warning(s)
>
> - Copy the udf_example.dll to the environment path directory:
>    \winnt\system32 for example.
>
> - Start the mysql client and issue:
>
> C:\mysql\bin>mysql
> mysql> CREATE FUNCTION metaphon RETURNS STRING SONAME "udf_example.dll";
> Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.01 sec)
> mysql> CREATE FUNCTION myfunc_double RETURNS REAL SONAME
"udf_example.dll";