From: Clemson Chan [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, September 06, 2002 12:06 PM
To: Mysql
Subject: FULLTEXT search questions

Hi there, I am pretty new on MySQL. I am running a website, it needs a
fulltext search on the message board.

The message board table is setup without the fulltext column now. So when I
ALTER TABLE to add a new column FULLTEXT(title, body)? The index will be
created?

In my table, the 'body' column was define as BLOB, should I change it TEXT
before add the new FULLTEXT column? And what is the best to ALTER the column
from BLOB to TEXT without messing up the data.

Thanks a lot,

--Clemson