Neil,

----- Original Message -----
From: ""Neil Malkani"" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Newsgroups: mailing.database.mysql
Sent: Saturday, September 07, 2002 7:46 PM
Subject: Innodb error on windows ME platform

> Hi,
>
> I have just installed and setup MySQL unfortunately I do not seem to be
able
> to resolve this issue concerning the Innodb functionality in MySQL. Any
help
> would be much appreciated.

the assertion means that InnoDB cannot create an event semaphore. I have not
seen this assertion fail before. Maybe Windows has run out of some
resources?

Is there a Task Manager in Windows ME with which you could look how much
resources (handles, memory, etc.) are currently used? Do you have free disk
space?

I will add better diagnostics to 3.23.53.

Below is the source code. CreateEvent returns a NULL value, and the
assertion ut_a(event) fails.

/*************************************************************
Creates an event semaphore, i.e., a semaphore which may
just have two states: signaled and nonsignaled.
The created event is manual reset: it must be reset
explicitly by calling sync_os_reset_event. */

os_event_t
os_event_create(
/*============*/
                        /* out: the event handle */
        char*   name)   /* in: the name of the event, if NULL
                        the event is created without a name */
{
#ifdef __WIN__
        HANDLE  event;

        event = CreateEvent(NULL,       /* No security attributes */
                        TRUE,           /* Manual reset */
                        FALSE,          /* Initial state nonsignaled */
                        name);
        ut_a(event);

        return(event);

> Thanks,
>
> Neil Malkani

Best regards,

Heikki Tuuri
Innobase Oy
---
InnoDB - transactions, row level locking, and foreign key support for MySQL
See http://www.innodb.com, download MySQL-Max from http://www.mysql.com