Hello,

    I am working with mysqld-max-nt under windows 2000 and unsing InnoDb tables.

    After running the following select:

    Select cod,nom from grupos where cod <'005' order by cod desc limit 1

    mysqld crashes.

    Also it crashes whith limit 10, limit 50, or whatever limit you indicate.

    However, the following selects run ok:
    Select cod,nom from grupos where cod <'005' order by cod desc (without limit)
    Select * from grupos where cod <’D01’ order by cod desc limit 1
    Select * from grupos where strcmp(cod,’005')<0 order by cod desc limit 1
    Select * from grupos where cod < 005 order by cod desc limit 1
    Select * from grupos where cod <5 order by cod desc limit 1

    This error only occurs with InnoDb tables and MySql 4.0.3 (with Mysql 3.23.52 it
runs ok).
    With MyIsam tables it runs ok even under mysql 4.0.3

    I enclose the file grupos.sql with the table definition and data.

    Thanks in advance,
    Rafa.

    P.D: Sorry for my english.