        When doing a 'gmake install' with DESTDIR= set, 'libs' directory
        is not installed properly

>How-To-Repeat:
        (build MySQL)
        gmake DESTDIR=`pwd`/.install

        Notice that a directory '.install..' gets created in the current
        directory.

        If a trailing slash is included with 'DESTDIR', then a 'libs'
        directory is created in the current directory.
        The directory contains the following files:

        libbtr.a    libeval.a   liblock.a   libos.a     librow.a    libut.a
        libbuf.a    libfil.a    liblog.a    libpage.a   libsrv.a
        libcom.a    libfsp.a    libmach.a   libpars.a   libsync.a
        libdata.a   libfut.a    libmem.a    libque.a    libthr.a
        libdict.a   libha.a     libmtr.a    libread.a   libtrx.a
        libdyn.a    libibuf.a   libodbc.a   librem.a    libusr.a

>Fix:
        The Makefile's in innobase/...  set the variable 'libsdir=' to
        '../libs'.  This breaks in the presence of DESTDIR.  As I'm not
        sure  the correct install location of these libraries, I cannot
        suggest a fix.

>Submitter-Id:
>Originator:
>Category:      mysql
>Class:         sw-bug
>Release:       mysql-4.0.3-beta (Source distribution)

>Environment:

System: SunOS colossus 5.8 Generic_108528-01 sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-5_10
Architecture: sun4

(portions of report elided, they are not from the machine where the build
is taking place)

Some paths:  /usr/local/bin/perl /usr/local/bin/make /opt/sfw/bin/gmake
/opt/sfw/bin/gcc /usr/ucb/cc