From: Bryan [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, September 18, 2002 4:00 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Connect to Database over the Internet

Hello All:

I would appreciate some help on how to configure my application code or
the computer which mysql resides on so it can be accesed over the
intenet.

Putting aside the obvious security concerns how can I achieve this. The
application is written in VB using ADO to access the database. Currently
this is the connect string I currently use to connect to the database.

 .ConnectionString = "Data Source = REGIONAL;SERVER=xx.xx.xx.xxx;User ID
= root; Password "

It works fine connecting to the database when run on the same computer
which contains the MYSQL database. When I try the application from a
remote computer configured it does not connect. No firewall is involved.

I suspect I need to configure certain networking protocols on the host/
server machine, but am lost as to what I should be doing. The operating
system is XP professional.

Any suggestions. Thanks

-=Bryan=-