I am trying to create a user-defined function for mysql. I am using a windows binary
version of mysql and visual c++ to compile the code. I have created a dummy function
call func_test that just returns 1.0. I compile this within a win32 dll project and
get a file called funcdll.dll.

This is basically the contents of the file:

double func_test() { return 1.0; }

I have placed the dll the bin dir and call

mysql> create function func_test returns real soname "funcdll.dll";
ERROR 1127: Can't find function 'func_test' in library'

I assume it can find the dll but cannot find the function. Any clues, examples for
windows using visual c++. The examples in the manual all refer to linux and i presume
versions of mysql compiled from source as they describe folders that i dont have in my
version, and i am not making any progess.

thanks

Paul

Paul Grimwood
IT Innovation Centre