hello,
I want to change the varibale "max_connections" from 100 to 250. how can
I do that? I use MySQL 3.23.52 under Windows XP professional
Is the place I take the set-variable = max_connections=300 wrong?

I have the fallowing my.ini:

=============== Begin of my.ini ==========================
# Example mysql config file.
# Copy this file to c:\my.cnf to set global options
#
# One can use all long options that the program supports.
# Run the program with --help to get a list of available options

# This will be passed to all mysql clients
[client]
#password=my_password
port=3306
#socket=MySQL

# Here is entries for some specific programs
# The following values assume you have at least 32M ram

# The MySQL server
[mysqld]
port=3306
#socket=MySQL
skip-locking
set-variable = key_buffer=256M
set-variable = max_allowed_packet=1M
set-variable = table_cache=256
set-variable = sort_buffer=1M
set-variable = record_buffer=1M
set-variable = myisam_sort_buffer_size=64M
set-variable = thread_cache=8
# Try number of CPU's*2 for thread_concurrency
set-variable = thread_concurrency=8
log-bin
server-id = 1

# Uncomment the following rows if you move the MySQL distribution to
another
# location
basedir =C:/Java/mysql-3.23.52
datadir=C:/Java/mysql-3.23.52/data

# Uncomment the following if you are using BDB tables
#set-variable = bdb_cache_size=64M
#set-variable = bdb_max_lock=100000

# Uncomment the following if you are using Innobase tables
#innodb_data_file_path = ibdata1:1000M
#innodb_data_home_dir = c:\ibdata
#innodb_log_group_home_dir = c:\iblogs
#innodb_log_arch_dir = c:\iblogs
#set-variable = innodb_mirrored_log_groups=1
#set-variable = innodb_log_files_in_group=3
#set-variable = innodb_log_file_size=5M
#set-variable = innodb_log_buffer_size=8M
#innodb_flush_log_at_trx_commit=1
#innodb_log_archive=0
#set-variable = innodb_buffer_pool_size=16M
#set-variable = innodb_additional_mem_pool_size=2M
#set-variable = innodb_file_io_threads=4
#set-variable = innodb_lock_wait_timeout=50

[mysqldump]
quick
set-variable = max_allowed_packet=16M

[mysql]
no-auto-rehash
# Remove the next comment character if you are not familiar with SQL
#safe-updates

[isamchk]
set-variable = key_buffer=128M
set-variable = sort_buffer=128M
set-variable = read_buffer=2M
set-variable = write_buffer=2M
set-variable    = max_connections=300

[myisamchk]
set-variable = key_buffer=128M
set-variable = sort_buffer=128M
set-variable = read_buffer=2M
set-variable = write_buffer=2M

[mysqlhotcopy]
interactive-timeout

[WinMySQLadmin]
Server=C:/Java/mysql-3.23.52/bin/mysqld-nt.exe
user=admin
password=admin

Thank you for reply

Regards