Hi there

I've got the following problem scenario.
After inserting a new record into a table with a auto_inc
id, I need to get the new id back to insert into another table.

I use the following code to do this:

dim rs as recordset
dim newid as long

'this works
set rs = dataenvironment.connection.execute( " SELECT LAST_INSERT_ID() AS
newid " )
'this fails with message: "[Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager]Driver does not
support this parameter"
newid = rs.fields("newid").value

When I insert into the other table with the following it works, but I need
to set it to another variable as the above example shows.
dataenvironment.connection.execute( " INSERT INTO othertable ( newid )
VALUES ( LAST_INSERT_ID() ) " )

If you have any ideas what it might be it would help.

OS = Win2K + SP2
VB = 6
MySQL = 3.23.49
MyODBC = 2.50.39