Hi,

We experienced some interesting things when we upgraded to Mysql-Max
3.23.52 (Red Hat 7.1, 2.4.7-10enterprise). It looked like after a
sustained amount of large disk activity, the whole system would slow to
a crawl and CPU idle % would go down to 0 for about 30 seconds before it
popped back. We tried fiddling around with the configuration files and
even tried another kernel (2.4.9-34enterprise) but without any luck.
What did work was downgrading our MySQL version to 3.23.49a . Once we
downgraded, everything worked fine.

Has anyone seen anything like this before? Ideally we'd like to take
advantage of all the changes made between .49a and .52.

Adrian Liang
Em: [EMAIL PROTECTED]