I am aware that this is an error of my own making, however . . .

I am unable to install my sql  because the scipt fails with
a duplicate key error

Preparing db table
Preparing host table
Preparing user table
Preparing func table
Preparing tables_priv table
Preparing columns_priv table
Installing all prepared tables
ERROR: 1062  Duplicate entry 'localhost-root' for key 1
ERROR: 1062  Duplicate entry 'localhost-root' for key 1
020922 12:55:57  ./bin/mysqld: Shutdown Complete

I have removed the database to the best of my ability, and am unable to find
any mysql files of anything containing the text "localhost-root".  The
output however remains the same.

I have a mac G4 with os 10.1.5
Can anyone advise me how to proceed?

regards