First off i am a newbie, so forgive any repatition and ideocy.

Ok i am trying to evaluate MySQL, i have a Mssql database which has been
specifically generated by my company. Therefore i have a ddl file which
will generate the tables, database name and relationships. I have poked
around mysql and the help file to get a feel for it, so i can make a
databse and put tables in etc. Ok now for the serious stuff, i need to
ask a few questions.

1) How can i port the database i have to MySQL??
2) Could i generate the Database by tweeking the DDL file and run it
using a batch command? What sort of tweek to the file would i need.?
3) Is there an ODBC connector so that i could get a reporting tool to
access the MySQL database? (reporting tool is crystal reports).

I am sure there will be plenty more questions to bug you all with but
this is enough to start with.

Thank all

mike