We are having a problem which seems to have appeared recently with
replication on our mysql servers.

- We have 3 servers set up with mysql 3.23.52 (they were running .49 but
we upgraded in an attempt to fix this problem, which did not work), set
up as a master and 2 slaves to the master.

- There is a large script that runs on the master server. This script
DROPs a large table, then recreates it. It is basically a DROP followed
by a CREATE and many INSERTs.

- Up until recently we have had no issues with this problem. Lately
however the slave servers are not updating. The error we see in the logs
is the table which it attempts to create already exists, therefore from
that point on the replication stops. We can't understand why suddenly
the DROP TABLE doesn't get replicated.

Does anyone have any experience with such a problem?

Thanks.

David Piasecki