At 9:41 +1000 9/24/02, vinita vigine Murugiah wrote:
>Hi paul
>
>Paul DuBois wrote:
>
>>At 9:05 +1000 9/24/02, vinita vigine Murugiah wrote:
>>
>>>HI Egor
>>>    OK, I want to create new databases, to do that I need database
>>>create privilege.
>>>
>>>Grant CREATE ON ######
>>>to ddb@localhost IDENTIFIED BY 'passwd'
>>>
>>>What should go into #####, is it a *? but I should NOT given
>>>permission to access other databases.
>>

>>No, it should be db_name.*
>
>Then I can ONLY create database called "db_name",  then every time
>when I create a database, I have to ask the root to give me create
>permission on xxx database. This is inconvenient. Is there any other
>work around??

As far as I can tell, you're not making any sense:

- First you say you want to grant permission for a given database, and
   *NOT* to access other databases.
- Now you say you don't want to have to specify permissions for given
   databases.

You can't have it both ways.  Do you want permission for a specific
database, or for all databases?

If I am misinterpreting you, then please be more specific.