Hi
 How do I file a bug for mysql for Windows NT/2000/XP.

Problem:
        Can not handle spaces in paths for the arguments given on the
commandline to the mysqld-nt command.
        e.g. mysqld-nt --datadir=c:\Program Files\mysql\data

        Is not possible, nor is

        mysqld-nt "--datadir=c:\Program Files\mysql\data"

        Using the "~1" yielding "c:\Progra~1\mysql\data" is not an
option, nor is using the my.ini file.
        The reason is that I am installing mysql db for my application
only, and if there are other mysql db's installed
        then it will be ambiguos on how to use the my.ini file, as it is
shared by all installations of mysql.
        I can not use the "~1", "~2" ... Cause I will not on before
hand, at installation time, know which one to choose.
        Lets say there are two directories "c:\Program Files Old\" and
"c:\Program Files\" then these would be translated into
        "c:\Program~1" and "c:\Program~2", how could an installer know
which one to choose? It can't therefore this solution
        is not an option either.

Please help me out here.
 Tobias

Tobias Eriksson