> At 10:12 2002.09.24._ +0100, you wrote:
> >Question is, will this
> >require any SQL code changes to our application? We make heavy use of
> >features like temporary tables, autoincrement columns etc. Would if be
> >as simple as dumping the database and restoring it to InnoDB tables?
>
> The simple answer is: No. You don't have to change any code in your
> application, InnoDB will works with the actual code, because it is 100%
> compatible with MyISAM.
> But!!! If you want to use special features of InnoDB table types (which
are
> not in MyISAM), you might need changing your code. For example when you
> decide to use transactions (non-autocommit mode) or foreign key
constraints.

I thought the InnoDB doesn't support a few MyISAM features. FULLTEXT for
one.Those features it does support will not need SQL changes.

On the other hand, if you don't need MyISAM freatures, can't you just do
"ALTER TABLE mytable TYPE=INNODB". If you are brave, and after taking a
backup, of course.

      Alec