Hi,

I am trying to get mySQL set up and am having problems. I am using Win2000.
I am using the Apache server and believe I have that set up properly as the
server is in the running state. When I type "mysql" in the DOS prompt, the
following error is returned:

Can't connect to mySQL server on 'localhost'.

I tried changing the "localhost" to the hostname of the machine, and I get
the same error: only with localhost replaced with the name inputted. I am
using the same machine for both server/client.

Any help will be MUCH appreciated!

Thanks!!