VINOD wrote:
> I have installed MySQL 3.23.47 in a Windows 98 machine and created a a table
>"count".  I have installed Apache Server on 98 machine and try to execute the
>following PHP script to insert the data.  I was not able to post the data and got an
>error
>

> Method Not Allowed
>
> The requested method POST is not allowed for the URL /bangla/count/entry.php.

> Apache/1.3.26 Server at vinod.com Port 80
>

> THE SCRIPT WHICH I HAD WRITTEN IS
>

> <?php
> mysql_connect("localhost","root","vinodb")or
> die("could not connect");
>
> mysql_select_db("bangla")or
> die("could not select database");?>
>
> $query="insert into count (count)values (30)";
> mysql_query($query) or die(mysql_error());?>
>

> This script works fine with MySQL and Appache in a Linux machine.  Please suggest me
>how to solve the problem
>
> Regards,
>
> Vinod.

This error is not related to MySQL; it is an Apache error.
You should review your Apache configuration.

If this script is the first you are trying on this machine,
you should make sure you don't have problems with your
Apache/PHP setup with a simple PHP script first.

Regards,
--
Joseph Bueno
NetClub