The variables record_buffer,join_buffer and sort_buffer are alocated
every "user connect" ?

ex:

join_buffer=6M
record_buffer=7M
sort_buffer=9M
max_connection=200

in final case the mysql stored in memory is:

(6+7+9)*200 = 1813MB

???????????

or the variables in this case is to "global operation" ?

1 client = 1 thead

ps: my system is mysql 3.23.52 , running on Windows 2k with 1G of RAM
... using tables with myisam and innodb table handler !

Tnks for attenction ! :)

  ++  Dyego Souza do Carmo   ++           Dep. Desenvolvimento
                 E S C R I B A   I N F O R M A T I C A
The only stupid question is the unasked one (somewhere in Linux's HowTo)
Linux registred user : #230601
--
$ look into "my eyes"
look: cannot open my eyes