Hi,

Getting a bit off-topic...
I'm not sure whether you can add functionality to an already compiled PHP
installation. Maybe your best bet is to recompile your PHP, that way you can
get the latest version, and with only the functionality you want. Just
remember to enable --with-mysql during the configuration. The source package
at www.php.net has a good installation guide.

Regards,
Iikka

On Wed, 25 Sep 2002, Peter Goggin wrote:

> The php is as installed from the redhat distribution for 7.3 from the Next
> handbooks.   Do I need to down load a later version of PHP or cn I modify
> what is already installed?
>
> Regards
>
> Peter Goggin

* Iikka Meriläinen                       *
* E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED] *
* Vaala, Finland                         *