Hello,

On Windows 9x edit your c:\autoexec.bat

On Windows NT/2000/XP/.NET, right-click My Computer, then Properties, then on
XP click Advanced tab and then "Environment Variables". On NT/2000 this
procedure is about the same, only the Environment stuff is on a different tab.

Then re-run autoexec.bat or reload your command prompt, respectively.

Best regards,
Iikka

On Tue, 24 Sep 2002, William Martell wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> I am having trouble with MySQL in dos.  When I type in mysql from the c:\>
> prompt, I get the following error:
>
> C:\>mysql
> 'mysql' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable
> program or batch file.
>
> I tried the SET PATH command and this works fine when I have dos open.  But
> when I start another session of dos later the settings are gone.
>
> Does anyone know how to set this as the default path??
>
> Thank you very much for your assistance and have a nice day.
>
> William

* Iikka Meriläinen                       *
* E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED] *
* Vaala, Finland                         *