On Wed, Sep 25, 2002 at 08:26:25AM -0600, Scott Pippin wrote:
> We are moving a databse over from Oracle to MySQL 4.0.3 and I was
> wondering if I should use MyISAM or InnoDb.  The databse currently has
> 800-900 updates and inserts done to it in a day along with about 1000
> selects.  Would I run in to any table locking problems with MyISAM?

Well, if the individual queries run quickly, any table type can handle
it.  On modest hardware you can perform 2,000 queries per *second* so
you're not going to be stressing either MyISAM or InnoDB.

If, on the other hand, need features specific to MyISAM or InnoDB,
that'll certainly influence the decision.

Jeremy
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  |  http://jeremy.zawodny.com/

MySQL 3.23.51: up 50 days, processed 1,069,298,020 queries (244/sec. avg)