Hi there,

Anyone have experience (good or bad) running recent 3.23.49-or-higher MySQL
releases on Red Hat Advanced Server?  I'm thinking of test driving it and
was wondering if anyone has seen noticeable performance improvements over
7.3 or any gotcha's to watch out for.

Oddly enough, I'm sort of grasping at straws with this since I seem to have
as-of-yet-unresolvable issues with IBM ServeRAID throwing scsi errors in
/var/log/messages under high loads.  The MySQL status line reports ~720
queries/second (on a quad-Xeon 700Mhz with 4GB memory), and the raid seems
to throw errors, although it internally says its fine, for a while, until
you get bad stripes and start corrupting the .MYIs.  Weird thing is, IBM
techs have been out multiple times to replace hardware and to insist that
there's nothing wrong with any of it.  Seems to be a software issue.  Yeah,
waaaaaay OT for this list, sorry... just ranting here because this has been
going on for weeks now and I'm nearly out of ideas. :-)

Anyway, if you've got any ideas, no matter how ridiculous they might sound,
feel free to pitch them this way. ;)

        Thanks,

         =js