antispam,

afn> Hi Victoria..

Hi!
First of all answer to the mailing list, not to me.

afn>   thanks.. for the mail.. i feel confident now.. i dont have log or backup..
could you please
afn> tell me how to turn on logs ??

Check the following chapter in the manual:
      http://www.mysql.com/doc/en/Log_Files.html

There are a lot of info about logs in MySQL.

If you want only query log, you can turn on it by starting MySQL
server with --log option:
      http://www.mysql.com/doc/en/Query_log.html

Take a look also at the binary update log:
      http://www.mysql.com/doc/en/Binary_log.html

afn> thanks a lot..
afn> Antz...

afn> ----- Original Message -----
afn> From: Victoria Reznichenko <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
afn> To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
afn> Sent: Wed, 25 Sep 2002 13:07:01 +0300
afn> Subject: re: save meeeeeeeeee

>> antispam,
>> Tuesday, September 24, 2002, 8:30:35 PM, you wrote:
>>
>> aafdn> I dont know what exactly happened but suddenly one tables just went back 10
>days.. it only has 10 days back information.. please help me.. what happened with
>mysql ?? how can i retrieve
>> those
>> aafdn> information...
>>
>> I also don't know what _exactly_ happened with your table, but I'm
>> sure MySQL can't delete data by itself.
>>
>> There are a lot of possible causes, like somebody deleted data from
>> the table, or restore table from backup that was made 10 days ago, or
>> somebody runs MySQL server with another datadir that contains old
>> table and so on ...
>>
>> If logs is turned on, check it if there was any DELETE on this table.
>> Do you make table backups? If so, restore table from last backup.

  /  |/  /_ __/ __/ __ \/ /    Victoria Reznichenko
       <___/   www.mysql.com