Hi,

I changed my hostname(The DNS change was taken care of elseware) in FreeBSD
4.6 in the rc.conf file, rebooted. Mysql had no problems starting, but it
failed to start the slave.  In the new error log I saw:
020927 10:15:58  mysqld started
020927 10:15:59  InnoDB: Started
020927 10:15:59  Could not find target log during relay log initialization
020927 10:15:59  Warning: Can't create threads to handle slave
/usr/local/mysql/libexec/mysqld: ready for connections
020927 10:16:15  Could not find target log during relay log initialization

and I got a 'check permissions on master.info' sort of error when I tried
to run 'slave start'

I see that error was related to a bug from a long time ago, but I am
running 4.0.2 so I doubt that it is a bug issue.

Thanks,

Eric

Leading Edge Marketing Inc.
250-360-2992