Hi,

use this: mysql -u root -ppassword

It's important NOT to put a space between -p and the real password. Having a
password in a script is unsafe at its best, though. I'm not sure if you have
any other options than to put it that way or enter it manually each time you
run the script.

Regards,
Iikka

On Sat, 28 Sep 2002 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Hi Carl,
>
> Thanks for your reply.
>
> I have created a shell script but I get stuck on the part where it asks to
> input password.
>
> How do I get the script to input the password that I put in?
>
> So far my script looks like this:
>
> ./mysql -u 'root' -p
> echo "abc"
>
> The script executes, but it just waits for the password after it executes
> the line:
> ./mysql -u 'root' -p
>
> Can anyone help with this?
>

> Thanks.
>
> Peter
>

> On Mon, 5 Aug 2002, Carl McNamee wrote:
>
> > I'm assuming that you are using some form of unix in this.  From the system
> > prompt type "mysql -u root -ppassword < import_test1".  If this works just
> > put it into a script (bash, perl, whatever) and run it either from the
> > command line or via cron if you want it automated.
> >
> > Carl McNamee
> > Systems Administrator
> > Billing Concepts
> > (210) 949-7282

* Iikka Meriläinen                       *
* E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED] *
* Vaala, Finland                         *