I'm using FreeBSD 4.6 and MySQL 3.23.36

I keep trying to grant file privileges to a user, but no matter what I do,
it seems that the customer keeps getting access denied errors.

They are trying to execute the following:
select * into outfile '/tmp/list.txt' fields terminated by "|" lines terminated by
"\n" from list;
ERROR 1045: Access denied for user: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]' (Using password: YES)

I have tried using GRANT and REVOKE to recreate the user with the correct
priveleges.

I have even tried giving their user universal FILE and SELECT privileges
by hand by inserting them into the user table, and of course, flushing
privileges, and no luck.

Any ideas as to what settings could need to be changed?  Possibly a
restriction set at compile-time on users?

--
 Mark P. Hennessy                                             [EMAIL PROTECTED]