Hello,

I am running MySql on a Windows 2000 PIII-1Ghz PC with 256MB of RAM. I
have three table that need to get updates when a new record gets
created. I have minimized the number of indexes on the tables and the
insert process goes like this:

(All three tables have a primary key to prevent duplicates)

Try
  Insert into table1…
Except
  // Record already exists…
End;

Try
  Insert into table2…
Except
  // Record already exists…
End;

Try
  Insert into table3…
Except
  // Record already exists…
End;

Each table contains different data that is parsed from the data that is
passed to the insert module. This module contains these three inserts. I
am using CHAR fields rather than VARCHARS, because I read that MySQL
handled these fields more efficiently (even though there is a cost in
storage space).

My question is: I am running the default NT version with the default
settings, the table types are all MyISAM, however, I am only able to
process approximately 7-10 transactions (into all three tables) per
second. Is this a “reasonable” expectation of the performance I can
expect?

What server variables should I modify (if any) for better performance?

Thanks for any advice,
Dan Cumpian