Please accept my apologies for consuming bandwidth with such a blatant plug.

I just released a utility that will compare the rows of corresponding tables
in two MySQL databases and return any rows which differ.  In addition, it
can optionally ignore any DATE/TIME/DATETIME/TIMESTAMP columns in
comparisons.  It's written in Perl and should work with both MySQL 3.23.x
and 4.0.x (although it's only been tested on 4.0.2), and is released under
the GNU GPL.

http://www.mrjoy.com/datadiff.shtml

-JF