Hi!

Michael> Hello All,
Michael> Suggestions Feedback Requested:

Michael> I'm looking for a solution that will not lock a table, yet allow me to
Michael> retrieve the:
Michael>        field name, field type as integer, field size, and other attributes
Michael>        of each column from a table.

The ways to do this are:

- SELECT * from table_name where 0;
- SHOW COLUMNS from table_name;
- SHOW CREATE TABLE from table_name.

Michael> The Issue:

<cut>
Michael> An important part of the test is to be able to retrieve the table's schema.
Michael> I can't explain why without releasing proprietary corporate information, all
Michael> I can say is that it's needed.  What I can tell you is that when I retrieve
Michael> it with a mixed case table name, it prevents me from deleting the table.

We just fixed a bug in MySQL when using mixed table names.  This is
fixed in the upcoming 3.23.53 and 4.0.4 MySQL versions.

Regards,
Monty