On Tue, 1 Oct 2002, Rochester, Dean wrote:

> I am running an sql insert against a mysql table version 3.23.52
>
> When from the file system level the table has the following permissions.
>
> rw-rw-r--   table.frm
> rw-rw-r--   table.MYD
> rw-rw-r--   table.MYI

Hi,

Please verify that the user mysqld runs as has access to those tables.
Somehow you didn't show us the owners and groups of those table data files.
For example, running as 'mysql' user, doing 'chown mysql *' will suffice.
BTW, the whole data directory should be owned by the mysqld-running user.

Regards,
Iikka

> When the sql runs it says the table is read only.  I am connecting to the
> table as root and I have set the password too.
>
> I am using java to do this sql operation.
>
> I can select items from the table, but can not insert them.
>
> Thanks in advance
> Dean-O

* Iikka Meriläinen                       *
* E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED] *
* Vaala, Finland                         *