Hi Simon,

here are the current values (from 'show variables'):
max_connections: 5000
max_user_connections: 0

And looking at 'show extended-status':
Max_used_connections: 945

Concerning freebsd threads mechanism, I'm using linux threads, and the
maximum number of existing thread processes went even higher during the
peak load times. So something else went wrong...

----
Alexander Varshavchick, Metrocom Joint Stock Company
Phone: (812)118-3322, 118-3115(fax)